Friday, August 17, 2007

Games of the Future

Well, here are some upcoming games that I am absolutely tickled pink for (did I really just say "tickled pink"?).

BioShock
Damn, this game is pretty. Made by the ever-awesome 2K Games, whom I am a huge fan of (Elder Scrolls!!!), this game is looking to be the contender for game of the year for 2007. I know, it's probably too soon to say that as the game hasn't been released yet (try convincing Toys-R-Us of that), but this game is absolutely stunning to look at. Words really can't describe the awesomeness of this game, so maybe the actual trailer will get the point across.



Awesome, much? Look for this game to be (officially) released for Xbox 360 on August 21st.


Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
There is a reason that the Metal Gear Solid series is one of my favorites of all time. The reason is the engaging storylines, magnificent gameplay, and overall production value. Hideo Kojima, the creator of the series, is nothing short of a genious in the field of gaming and storytelling. MGS4 is supposedly going to be the last game of the series concerning (protagonist) Solid Snake; and it will be the last in the series that Kojima works on (but we've heard that before...). I am looking forward to this game so much because Solid Snake hasn't really been the main protagonist since the first Metal Gear Solid game (this is not counting the original two Metal Gear games for the Nintendo and SNES). The graphics of this game are very pleasing to the eye, but don't take my word for it...



Super amazing, no doubt. Look for this game to grace store shelves in early 2008. Now my only problem is scraping up enough money for a Playstation 3 so I can actually play the game!

Final Fantasy XIII
It's strange that I'm extremely excited for FFXIII when, to date, I have yet to play Final Fantasy XII; but there is no denying the beauty of this game. Now, most people would think that a game series that has gone on as long as Final Fantasy would have to get stale at some point...and those people are partially right (Final Fantasy 8 & 9 anyone?), but Final Fantasy XIII looks like it may be what the series needs to push it as a contender in the next-gen market. Just check out the stunning visuals of this trailer...



Absoluetly beautiful! Who knows how much of that represents actual gameplay, but it is looking awesome regardless. Nobody knows when this game is coming out (my bet is late 2008), but when it does, my (eventual) PS3 will be in "on" mode non-stop...or at least until I finish the game.

I'm sure that there are more games that I'm dying for...but this entry has gone on long enough. I'll probably need to do a Games of the Future pt. 2 or something. Until then, please enjoy the trailers that I have lifted from youtube.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey.. im from the boards.. and yeah i decided to visit your blog... i didnt read the whole thing... just the part about Final Fantasy XIII.. how could you have not played FFXII?! its amaizing.. not as good.. as my obvious favourite FFVII but. its one of my favourites.. the reason may be the graphics which are amaizing.... im looking forward to FFXIII

Anonymous said...

oh yes.. i forgot to add... the main character reminds me of a combination of Vincent Valentine and another side character.... whose name i completley forgot